I am a lecturer in IT at the School of Information Technology, Faculty of Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment, Deakin University Australia. Prior to joining Deakin University in 2019, I worked as a lecturer at Federation University and sessional teaching staff at various institutions. I also worked in industry as a software developer and data analyst. I received my PhD from Monash University, Australia. My research are in the areas of data mining, machine learning, artificial intelligence, health informatics, and information systems. I am particularly interested in applying IT to solve real-world problems in different domains, particularly in healthcare, cyber security and IoT.
PhD scholarships available to very strong domestic (Australian citizen or permanent resident) students to research in any area of AI, machine learning and data mining. If you are insterested, please send me your CV.
- Oct 2019: A paper accepted for publication in the Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery journal.
- Sept 2019: Selected to pitch my research in the PACIFIC 2019 Pitchfest, Sydney, Australia
- Sept 2019: Two papers accepted at the 26th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP 2019), Congratulations to PhD Student Chiranjibi Sitaula and Master student Arbind Agrahari Baniya
- Sept 2019: A paper accepted to the 9th Pacific-Rim Symposium on Image and Video Technology (PSIVT 2019), Congratulations to PhD student Chiranjibi Sitaula
- Jun 2019: A paper accepted for publication in IEEE Access, Congratulations to PhD Student Chiranjibi Sitaula
- Jan 2019: Started at Deakin University as a lecturer in IT
- Nov 2018: Moving to Deakin University in Jan 2019
- Oct 2018: Two papers accepted at the Image and Vision Computing New Zealand 2018 conference (IVCNZ 2018), Congratulations to Hamid Shojanazeri
- Aug 2018: Our (with Prof Kai Ming Ting and Prof Takashi Washio) tutorial on Anomaly Detection accepted at the IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2018)
- Aug 2018: A paper accepted at the 25th International Conference on Neural Information Processing (ICONIP 2018), Congratulations to Meena Santhanagopalan
- Jun 2018: Attended and presented a paper at the Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2018)
- Feb 2018: A paper accepted at the 22nd Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2018)
- Dec 2017: Completed PhD from Monash University, Australia
- Nov 2017: Invited to pitch research project in the 2017 US-AUS Robotics & Autonomy Workshop in Adelaide, Australia
- Nov 2017: A paper accepted at the 11th Australasian Conference on Health Informatics and Knowledge Management (HIKM 2018), Congratulations to Meena Santhanagopalan
- Sep 2017: PhD thesis submitted for examination
- Aug 2017: Attended International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 2017)
- Mar 2017: A paper accepted for publication in the journal of Knowledge and Information Systems (KAIS)